Friday 2 November 2012

Going Green

It’s Time to Paint the Fence

With winter drawing in, we thought it might be a good idea to put some treatment on the fence.

This is the before picture:

plain fence

We went to Wickes to buy the treatment, we bought Sherwood Green wood treatment in the smaller sized tub. It turns out that was just enough!

We used cheap brushes from Aldi but the treatment covered the wood well enough even using the cheap brushes.

DSCF1968 copy

This is a picture of my dad helping us to paint. I was obviously helping too, I just stopped to take the very important photos! But the fence did look fairly lovely in the end!

As you can see…

green fence

I’m really pleased with the result. I think it looks really natural and effective in our garden. What do you think?

We are planning to cover it all in hazel anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment